I always love getting a celeb makeup breakdown that's full of products I already love and use, such as the look created for Amy Adams last night for her appearance at the American Hustle screening. Almost all products were Laura Mercier, featuring several items from the holiday White Magic collection. The emphasis was on Amy's eyes and there was quite a bit of sparkle going on. The unusual part was the way makeup artist Stephen Sollitto chose to use Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Gunmetal Smoke: instead of using a liquid activator and tightlining with the product, he swiped it as you would do with an eye shadow all over the lid to soften the effect of the liquid eyeliner he used underneath. It's interesting that he chose the cake eyeliner and not an eye shadow that has a softer texture. I'll have to try and see how it goes.
. RéVive Sensitif Renewal Cream Daily Cellular Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen, ($215).
· Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating, ($32)
· Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Natural, ($43)
· Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24)
· Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Café, ($24)
· Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star, ($23)
· Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Twilight, ($26) on her upper and lower lash line and all over her eyelid. The cream shadow was blended using an eye shadow brush, creating a light, but dramatic smoky eye to complement Amy Adams’ graphic black/white dress.
· Laura Mercier Graphic Liquid Eyeliner, ($24), on the upper and lower lash line.
. Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Gunmetal Smoke ($23) brushed all over the eyelid, softening the dark tone of the eyeliner.
. Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara ($25) to her upper and lower lashes.
· Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Crystal Fantasy, ($24), a “frosty-mint” hue, lightly touched to the inner eyelids adding light to the corners of her eyes (I think this can also be achieved using the lightest shade in the holiday Emerald Trio).
Photo and information courtesy of Laura Mercier PR.