In case you're getting overwhelmed with all the offers, coupon codes and other Cyber Monday deals, here's a quick list of worthy sales and a couple of recommendations. What's in your shopping cart?
- NARS is offering a 20% discount with code NARSFF2012 (on narscosmetics.com and in their boutiques). The Andy Warhol collection is an obvious gift idea, but also consider some of NARS best loved staples. My recommendation: their revamped stylo eyeliners that stay put through thick and thin.
- Madini Oils by Talisman 20% off with code HOLIDAY2012 (madini.com) are still a perfumista's secret. There's nothing like their Ambargris oil, but also check out Olive Flowers (their answer to Shalimar) and the incomparable musks.
- YSL is being extra generous with 20% off, free shipping and 6 samples of your choice. Use code CYBER12 on yslbeautyus.com. My choice: gel eyeliners, and any of their lipsticks. Skip: the perfume pretending to be Opium.
- J Crew is giving a 25% discount and free shipping with code MONDAY. Get anything cashmere (the polka dot sweater is super adorable).
- Thymes is giving away a free Hoiday Fir candle on orders $50 and above (use code HOLIDAYFIR on thymes.com). The thing to buy there is their limited edition Filigree collection (it's one of their wonderful original fragrances that has been discontinued but is brought back yearly for the holidays. Now, if they only did the same with their Goldleaf-Hydrangea scent...
- Shiseido is having a tempting gift with purchase event, offering a cosmetics pouch with three deluxe samples of excellent products (primer, powder and blush) with every $50 order. The must-haves are skin care, face products, and the wonderful Lacquer Rouge. Skip: mascara.
- Nuxe is offering a 20% discount with code NUXECYBER20 on http://us.nuxe.com. Must haves: Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Use Dry Oil (get two while you're at it) and their amazing Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. There's also a holiday gift set ($59 before discount) that includes the Dry Oil 100ml, Crème Prodigieuse Anti-Oxidant Moisturizer 40ml, Huile Prodigieuse Golden Shimmer, Multi-Use Dry Oil Golden Shimmer 10ml/0.33 FL OZ, and NUXE Spa Candle with the Huile Prodigieuse fragrance. This one is definitely on my personal wishlist.
- Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics is another well-kept secret. They offer a free travel beauty kit with every $100 purchase (use code YBSTEAL on ybskin.com). The set includes their excellent mineral primer, an eye cream, a tinted moisturizer, an illuminating tinted moisturizer (highly recommended), a liquid mineral foundation, and a body illuminator. Other then their excellent base products, I also love their blushes in every format (cream, pressed, mineral).
- Shu Uemura is having a 20% off with code WISH2012 (shuuemura-usa.com). Get: makeup brushes. Skip: the Karl Lagerfeld Dora The Explorer collection.
This should keep us busy for the rest of the day. Please comment your own recommendations and shopping stories.
Photo: The Last Christmas Shopping, 1961, from somewhere on the web.