If you've visited this blog before, you may have noticed that I really like amber perfumes. I like amber when it's just one note of many, and I love it straight up. The warmth, the sweetness, the way amber perfumes develop on my skin- there's nothing else like it. I could have easily created a top 30 or top 20 list, but that's exactly why I'm limiting myself to the ten ambers I wear most often and/or ones that are very high on my wishlist.
In no particular order, other than the first one:
1. Tauer Perfumes- L'Air du Desert Marocain. This is obviously a lot more than just amber. Andy Tauer bottled a piece of my soul.
2. Serge Lutens- Ambre Sultan. The sultan of niche ambers. Vegetal and chewy on top, dreamy all around.
3. Tom Ford Private Blend- Amber Absolute. I can't wrap my mind around the fact they discontinued this gem.
4. Mona di Orio-Les Nombres d'Or Ambre. Everything that woman did was magic.
5. Parfum d'Empire- Ambre Russe. Booze and amber that go straight to one's head.
6. Ginestet- Botrytis. A spicy honey with a strong amber spine and base. A not so guilty pleasure.
7. Annick Goutal- Ambre Fetiche. Smoke and incense. Utterly stunning.
8. Aroma M- Geisha Noire. One of few perfumes that have truly earned the "noir" in their name.
9. Isabey L'Ambre di Carthage Technically this is a masculine perfume. An amber from the No Vanilla zone.
10. Nobile 1942- Ambra Nobile. This amber appeared in my life just when I thought I was all ambered out and proved that you can never have enough good ones.
Honorable mention goes to Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, MPG Ambre Precieux, Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, Regina Harris Amber Vanilla, Madini Ambargris, Keiko Mecheri Ambre Mirabilis, and Estee Lauder Amber-Ylan Ylang.
Promotional images from various Facebook fan pages.