The week's focus was mostly about recovering from the freak snow storm that hit us last Saturday. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I was when our power came back on Sunday night. The cats shared the sentiment. They like their heating to function at a nice and toasty level. I like my roof without huge fallen tree limbs decorating it; I also like to be able to read on the Kindle, but most of all I like to not have a foot of snow covering the ground on Halloween.
In beauty news, it's all about the new palettes. I still owe you swatches of that stunning NARS Hanamichi one, and there are more coming (check out the previews I posted on Facebook if you haven't yet: the re-release of Dior Cannage and Hourglass Volume 6). Also, there's the Edward Bess I reviewed earlier today. It earned Sophie's approval:
This some of what's been going in other parts of the internet:
- Charlsetongirl has some Drama in her life: a new D&G lipstick.
- Rae has almost convinced me I need some Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet. Then I remembered that I don't do matte lips. Still, they're insanely pretty.
- New colors from favorite Japanese brands on Drivel About Frivol.
- Dain reviews a classic Caron on Ars Aromatica.
- Amy is underwhelmed by Chanel Lumiere Sculptee on Cafe Makeup.
- Sabrina sends us quickly to the nearest Le Metier de Beaute counter to get the skin care line (and, yes, it really is that good).
- Modesty Brown reviews Singorasi by Molton Brown (no family connection).
- Delicate Hummingbird shares my red obsession.
- Makeup Magpie brings us a lot of info on NARS Miss Liberty blush.
- Kristie brings on the sun with this Dior Summer palette. I sure could use that.
Have a brilliant and sunshiny weekend and stay safe!