I'm not a coffee drinker. There's a full list of beverages I prefer to coffee, from tea (obviously) to banana-strawberry smoothies. But I do like the smell of a coffee shop, of the coffee aisle at Whole Foods right after someone ground their beans, and a handful of coffee fragrances. Here are my top 10 picks:
- Yohji Yamamoto- Yohji Homme. The original one (I haven't tried the reissue) is loaded with the good stuff: from coffee to sandalwood.
- Undergreen- Black. A recent discovery: a smoky dirty city street in the early morning hours.
- Christian Dior La Collection Privée- Eau Noire. Black coffee sweetened with immortelle with a butter cookie on the side.
- Thierry Mugler- A*Men. The original, which I prefer to the limited edition A*Men Pure Coffee that expanded the note in question. Yes, it's enormously popular, and often abused by wearers. It's also rather awesome.
- Ayala Moriel- Finjan. Turkish black coffee cooked over open fire.
- Hilde Soliani- Bell'Antonio. An elegant coffee and tobacco fragrance, quite masculine, very unsuitable for the non smokers among us, yet fascinating and beautiful.
- Ava Luxe- Cafe Noir. Spicy and sweet, coffee creamed with sandalwood.
- L`Artisan Parfumeur- L'Eau du Navigateur- Spiced up coffee with an incensy dry-down. Discontinued, which is as inexplicable as the fact L'Artisan still offers Batacuda.
- DSH Perfumes- Coffee Absolute. Dark, dry, and fully roasted. This one is as coffee-ish as they come.
- Aftelier- Fir, Pear & Coffee Body Oil/Hair Elixir. Technically this is not a perfume but a body product, but it has such a robust and satisfying (not to mention long-lasting) coffee note that it has to be mentioned here.
Are you a coffee drinker? Do you have any favorite coffee perfumes?