No, not in a bad way, just bits and pieces that have been accumulating, questions, answers, requests, stuff that's on mind. Bullet points are not the most eloquent way to communicate, but this is all over the place nothing else makes sense:
- I'm sure many of you already know that Cafe Makeup blog was shut down. I understand and respect Amy and Liz's decision and know they wouldn't want me (or anyone) to make a big fuss, but I also must say how sad I am. They and the blog are already missed in our small community.
- I have many posts and projects in the works. If you've been following on Facebook and/or Twitter, you know that I'm working on a makeup brush guide. A really big one. There will also be a Best Of/My Favorites. Have yet to decide if it will open or close the series. Any suggestions?
- Speaking of Twitter and Facebook, these are really good ways to keep up/keep in touch. I post preview photos (usually of different products for each site), info on upcoming reviews and cat pictures. I love communicating with readers and other bloggers this way. Take note that the Facebook page is a group, not a "fan" page. I would have felt terribly awkward to ask anyone to become a fan. Just join the group and say hi.
- You might have noticed the revamped "Share" line at the bottom of each post. It allows you to Tweet, mail your friends or post to Facebook when you enjoy something you see here. I'm always delighted when I hear a new reader has found the Non-Blonde because one of his or her friends "liked" my posts. Additionally, there's also the new +1 button. It's a new feature by Google that acts like global "Like" button. If you have a Google account, when you +1 anything you see here (or elsewhere- many sites now let you Plus 1 them) it will show when your friends and contacts search Google for a similar item. Pretty cool, I think.
- I have a request. It's a net etiquette thing, more than anything. When you leave a comment, please (PLEASE!) don't insert any links to outside sites, even if it's your own beauty blog. The comment section is still part of The Non-Blonde and not a place for anyone to promote products, services or websites. If you're a blogger, there's a place in the comment form for your URL. Leaving links anywhere else is spam and I do not approve these comments.
- The long promised Dior Addict lipstick giveaway will be on Friday. I have two colors waiting for the lucky winners, 554 and 465. Stay tuned.
- The next giveaway (after Dior) will be for a beloved Sue Devitt item. More details soon.
- I'm probably forgetting a thing or two, so I'll leave the rest for you- please let me know if you have any questions and requests. I'll do my best to answer them.
Photo: Norman Parkinson for Vogue, 1952.