This might indicate a problem. But I do love red lipsticks and glosses, and I wear them often. I tried to marrow the list down to the products that constantly go from the dresser to my handbags, and only included ones that are still available (I have several other favorites that were limited editions, but there's no point including them here). There's no particular order, but all are much loved and used (and repurchased):
- Ellis Faas Hot Lips L401. One of the best reds on the market in the most innovative formula. *
- NARS 413BLKR. Technically a gloss, but featuring a pigment intensity of a liquid lipstick.
- Anna Sui #400. A classic red in the pretty Anna Sui packaging.
- MAKE Maraschino Cherry . The most recent addition from one of the most intrguing new brands. A crimson red. *
- Shiseido Laquer Rouge RD501 Drama. A brilliant liquid lipstick in a wearable dramatic red.
- Givenchy 308 Rouge D'Exception Le Rouge Intense. A tomato red in a very chic packaging.
- Kjaer Weis Passionate Lip Tint. An everyday red. I'm on my third refill.
- Guerlain Rouge G Garconne. A classic red, like putting on your ruby slippers.
- Poppy King for Boots No.7: One History. A berry red in a sheer formula. A cheap thrill that's also low-maintenance.
- Hourglass Icon. A cool-toned cherry red for Oscar night. *
What are your favorite reds these days?