What are your plans for New Year's Eve? There's no power in the universe that can make me leave the house and join the drunk masses in Times Square, but that doesn't mean I don't fantasize about a real soirée- evening gowns, glamorous halls- the works. And what better way to get in the mood than listing ten perfumes for such a glamorous night. Black tie optional.
1. Amouage Lyric (Woman)- Dark, rosy with a plunging back.
2. Serge Lutens Bas de Soie- An elegant dry iris, like the exquisite lingerie you wear under that gown.
3. Annick Goutal Grand Amour- Because some of us are true ladies.
4. Tom Ford Black Orchid- ...And some of us are not.
5. Tauer Perfumes Un Rose Chypree- It goes perfectly with the vintage Jacques Fath dress you see above.
6. JAR Diamond Water- We can't have the jewels, but this sparkling floral is as good as it gets.
7. Mona di Orio Nuit Noire- When you want to make it a night he'll remember.
8. Robert Piguet- Fracas (extrait de parfum, please)- You want to feel like a queen, especially if his ex is going to be there.
9. Puredistance Antonia- You get to dress up and have a witty conversation right out of a George Cukor movie.
10. Juozas Statkevicius (Joseph Statkus) - And then you vanish into the night.
Photo of model Bettina in a Jacques Fath gown by Henry Clarke, 1950