The good people at NARS have released all the details about the much-anticipated NARS Andy Warhol Collection Holiday 2012 and it's a big one. Huge, really. Unlike the ultra disappointing Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura holiday collection, what NARS is offering us is a wide selection of items that retain a cohesive artistic vision. It's quite grownup and edgy, and the limited edition packaging is a true collector's item. There will be three ranges of Andy Warhol products for different distribution channels. Eventually I'll post my top picks from each, but for now here's a quick breakdown and some photos courtesy of NARS PR.
1. POP Collection (Sephora Exclusive, available starting October 1st) is all about Andy Warhol's Pop Art. It includes some serious stunners:
-Walk on the Wild Side ($39) set, includes a silver illuminator, a mini It nail polish and a mini Orgasm Larger Than Life lip gloss.
2. Silver Factory Collection (department stores and narscosmetics.com from Nobember 1st) is all downtown edge and dedicated to Warhol's famous studio. It includes gift sets at various price levels:
-Silver Factory set ($200) includes: the Silver Factory Multiple, Eye shadows Trios; Chelsea Girls Pure Matte Lipstick; Desire Blush; Via Veneto Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, and two brushes: large domed eye shadow brush and blush brush.
- Beautiful Darling set ($49) contains Candy Darling Nail Polish, Femme Fatale Duo Eyeshadow and Woman in Revolt Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in a makeup bag with an image of Darling, one of Warhol's muses, shot by Nat Finkelstein.
-Photo Booth set ($35) is a mini nail polish lineup with new shades named Back Room, Soup Can, Chelsea Girls and Silver Factory.
3. Andy Warhol Holiday Color Collection (available from both Sephora and deprtment stores, October 1st):
- Satellite of Love Highlighting Blush ($28)
- 47th Street Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($23)
- four Soft Touch Shadow Pencils ($24 each)
- five new Larger Than Life lip glosses ( $26 each)
- five nail polishes ( $18 each)
It's a lot of stuff, I know. At first glance, what do you consider a must-have from this collection?