This is the big Harry Potter weekend, of course. I admit that I wasn't among those lining up at the theaters last night; I only did that for the books and the first movie. Instead, the Blond and I will probably go on Sunday afternoon and hope for a good seat and a minimal number of obnoxiousness from the crowd.
I had an Armani makeover and discovered their corrector, tested something new from Laura Mercier, smelled the just launched Lubin Black Jade and Fan di Fendi. The jury is still out on both. You can expect reviews of all the above in the coming weeks. The big beauty events of the week were the (general public) opening of Nordstrom Anniversary sale with all its exclusives, GWPs and lines at the registers. I shopped online but only stocked up on the necessities.
Here's what my friends have been enjoying this week:
- Karla Sugar fell hard for Le Métier de Beauté's Rock 'n' Romance nail polish set (a Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive). I can't blame her.
- Café Makeup showed us Chanel's Joues Contraste in Rose Tourbillon, another Nordstrom Anniversary special. Are you hunting for it? I considered for a second, but between Rose Ecrin and Rouge, I'm not feeling another Chanel blush right now.
- Fab over Forty featured Blue Tie, the lovely new Dior Collection for Fall 2011. I'm still hoping for more Dior single eye shadows. Especially something blue like in the new palette.
- Best Things in Beauty had a sneak peek at Giorgio Armani Beauty's unique jacquard palettes for Fall 2011. Beautiful.
- Daly Beauty compared a few bronzers and self-tanners for summer.
- The Beauty Look Book reminisced about Chanel's timeless Autumn Les Vernis Nail Colours. I also have a few of these special treats.
- Product Girl showed us Zoya's new Smoke & Mirrors Collection for Fall 2011.
- DivaDebbi featured a retrospective of Alexander McQueen's "Savage Beauty."
- Gouldylox Reviews deconstructed Mila Kunis' lush hair style. Now how can I get that bone structure?
- BeautyXposé showed us how to apply feather extensions, the trend of the moment. I'm still not buying it.
Even more pretties:
- Armani Face Fabric in #5 Raspberry on Orange to L.A. . I like it.
- Get the vintage look of Linda Darnell on EauMG.
- Eyeliner On A Cat has an important perfume question.
- Beautiful Paul & Joe swatches on London Beauty Review.
- Glinda covets the limited edition Lady Dior palette on Manolo For The Beauty. I actually saw the palette in person this week and managed to leave Saks without it. It's more pretty than useful. But oh so pretty!
- Poseylass shows us some of her most used makeup brushes.
- Ayala of Smelly Blog goes blind testing at Barneys.
We hope you enjoy a beautiful summer weekend!
Image: a Pepperell Fabrics 1953 ad from myvintagevogue.com.